Follow Pearl, Malti & Bruce
Every day offers another chance to feel grateful. Thank goodness!
Gratitude is a great conversation starter. For instance, you get home after a long, frustrating day. The first family member you see asks you, “How was your day?”
Hmmmm. You could immediately launch into your long and well-rehearsed (during the car ride home) diatribe against your boss/co-worker/client/copy machine.
OR, you can share something you saw on the way home that evoked a spontaneous feeling of wonder, joy, relief…gratitude.
Here, you both know you will still probably share the diatribe later, but with each of you now smiling, and with gratitude first and foremost on your mind, you are already feeling better about the whole situation and the day itself.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- The new crop of fresh and delicious organic millet his large featherless assistant brought home for him (inexplicably, she doesn’t seem to want any of this dish for herself!).
- Being an “angel with feathers” – he knows this for a fact, because it is what his mommy often calls him.
- His wicker basket, which is so crispy and customizable.
- All the white soft paper things his mommy puts down on the table that are so easy to shred for new nesting material.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Anything mint-flavored….so delicious.
- Creativity – it adds wonder and delight to her days.
- Color – all colors, actually.
- Ceiling fans and air conditioners, which means she has at least a few “non sweating” hours each day.
Shannon & Pearl
** Our little blog is completely ad-free! **