Follow Pearl, Malti, Bruce & Io
Feeling gratitude suddenly well up from within is like being handed a free ticket to your favorite place in the whole world.
Suddenly, instead of being stuck in traffic, sitting in the dentist’s chair, rushing to pick up a sick child from school or trying not to doze off (again) during the Tuesday morning team meeting, you are in paradise.
There is the beach, the sand, the surf, the sun, the waves…..there are feathered beings singing and turtles munching and an attendant who has mixed your favorite beverage (extra-strong, of course)…..
This is gratitude in action. It is cool and refreshing watermelon on a hot day made even tastier by adding a cute feathered being to share it with!
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- His wonderful “vintage” cage, which he loves so much.
- How his large featherless assistant tells him she loves him a hundred (or more like a thousand) times a day.
- How she often also mentions how cute and pretty and feathery he is.
- Being the flock member with all the feathers (believe it or not, the other members of his flock don’t have any feathers at all!)
Shannon is grateful for...
- Any activity that can be done “with avian.”
- Pearl’s book, “Love & Feathers” – now she has so many precious memories of her life with Pearl written down to enjoy and share!
- Coffee and scotch (for mornings and evenings, respectively).
- Sweeping up after Pearl has gone to bed and seeing how much he has enjoyed flinging his dinner (and his lunch and his breakfast) while eating!
Shannon & Pearl