Follow Pearl, Malti & Bruce
Gratitude has really big muscles. But since they are on the inside, you can’t usually see them right away.
And since gratitude is all about peace and harmony, it won’t ever break out its muscles unless it has already tried everything else it can try to lift the mood.
The truth is, there are all kinds of muscles in this world. Some are big and bulky and just yell a lot and throw things around – for example, the kind of oblivious bull-in-a-china-shop beings who catch you in an introspective moment and get right up in your face and yell “SMILE!” Yuck.
With these folks, you might smile for a minute out of sheer reflex, but mostly the only thing that makes you smile for real is your daydream later about punching them in the face.
And then some muscles – thankfully – are much more subtle in how they do their heavy mood-lifting. They just sneak up alongside you and wrap you in a soft, warm, feathery hug, loving you back to hope and sunshine and life again.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- How being little doesn’t mean you can’t be powerful too!
- His delicious rice dinners, which are great for both consuming and flinging.
- The holiday season, when all the victuals are so plentiful and scrumptious.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Her soft and feathery baby, who keeps her mood happy even when the days get short and the sun is sometimes scarce.
- Being able to find other tasty foods besides carbs (such as rice) that her vet says are safe for Pearl to eat.
- Her “happy light,” which is like a sunlight substitute that gives her whole flock much-needed bursts of mood-boosting U.V. spectrum light.
Shannon & Pearl