Follow Pearl, Malti, Bruce & Io
With all the anger, hate and fighting in the world today, every teensy tidbit of love really counts!
After all, learning to get along doesn’t start at a top-down level. It starts at the bottom up.
Sometimes at first a new being may come into your life and you’re not so thrilled about it. Maybe they are really noisy and demanding, or they don’t have any feathers and they like to creep up on you and scare you to death.
So at first, you think there must have been some mistake. You long for the days before that other being joined your flock. You only feel grateful in hindsight for the days you had before they arrived.
Then one day, they decide to come up and greet you. You find out they are really nice and they learn the same about you! Suddenly, you have a new kind of gratitude and you are happy your flock is bigger and more interesting (especially since you secretly know you’re still the best flock member).
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- Being the flock “alpha” and having so many chances to impart his wise opinions.
- Having feathers – none of his other flock mates do, and it is clear they sure could use some!
- How his mommy always makes a point of including him in every activity, even if she is taking care of another flock member, so he never feels left out.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Her three beautiful, smart, loving loves!
- Having time each day to participate in interspecies “meet and greets” and learn so much at the same time!
- Working from home with such great (and really cute) co-workers!
Shannon & Pearl