Follow Pearl, Malti, Bruce & Io
Gratitude is always there, but it isn’t always waiting for you out in plain sight.
You can’t always expect to wake up and see gratitude right there at the end of your bed, tapping its little foot impatiently as it waits for you to start your day.
Sometimes you have to entice gratitude to come a little closer….and then a little closer….and then a little closer still….until you can really feel it.
One great way to do this is by putting out snacks. Let’s say, for example, you are having a particularly sucky day at “work.” You aren’t feeling very grateful at all. You’d really like the task you are working on to go away already, and if your co-workers wanted to go with it, that would be alright with you, too.
But then you put out snacks. Suddenly your grumpy co-workers get happier – and friendlier! Everybody perks up!
The task seems to flow better too, on account of how all that nourishment wakes up your brain cells and makes them feel more energetic and grateful.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- How good he is at multi-tasking (his large featherless assistant unfortunately didn’t get that particular skill).
- Being the life of the party – any party!
- Being able to make his own party if his flock mates are having a grumpy day.
Shannon is grateful for...
- How she always feels more gratitude when she spies a certain set of feathers or a petite shell or two.
- How working from home helps her manage her sensitive digestive system and blood sugar so much more easily than when she worked in an office.
- Being able to share so many of the healthy snacks on her new healing eating plan safely with her feathery gourmand!
Shannon & Pearl