Follow Pearl, Malti & Bruce
If there is one game gratitude really loves, it is “hide n seek.”
This game is so fun! What you do is, you find a being who is clearly feeling grumpy and un-grateful, and then you tiptoe up behind them and jump on them.
(This is almost as fun as flinging birdseed or millet or waffle crumbs all over them – almost).
Here is an example. Let’s say you have feathers, and your large featherless assistant woke up on the wrong side of the bed….again.
She finally makes it to the kitchen, brews up the odd brown beverage she insists on having each morning, and then extracts a delicious-looking biscuit from a wonderful crinkly package.
You start feeling gratitude immediately, but clearly she is struggling to follow suit.
So here’s what you do. Just wait until she gets distracted (this won’t take long) and sneak up behind her and nibble on the biscuit.
When she turns around, she will notice the biscuit is a little less sizable than it was a few moments ago. She will also notice you look very cute with biscuit crumbs scattered all around you.
Instantly, she will begin to feel gratitude – first, that you left her some of the biscuit to enjoy, and second, that you are so cute (or maybe it will be more like first, that you are so cute, and second, that there is still some biscuit left).
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- How he can instantly display and transmit “cuteness” whenever it is needed.
- Tasty biscuits, with their lovely flingable crumbs.
- His tasty meals and snacks – so much better than the weird stuff his large featherless assistant eats and drinks!
Shannon is grateful for...
- Having a work life that works with being an introvert and not a morning person at that!
- The awesome #yogawithadriene series on YouTube!
- Having such great animal mentors and teachers who help her keep a “glass half full” perspective on life.
Shannon & Pearl