Follow Pearl, Malti & Bruce
On certain occasions, it is customary to give thanks. For example, some beings like to pause and offer their thanks before consuming their dinner (although Pearl recommends doing this after you chow – you will be full then and so it will be much easier to remember what you are grateful for).
Some holidays are also specifically focused on giving thanks – here, “Thanksgiving” immediately springs to mind.
But giving thanks can also be a great practice to do on any day or every day.
The simple act of feeling gratitude can open your eyes to new blessings you might not even notice otherwise – such as the shiny new sparkly thing your mommy brought home just for you!
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- Shiny, sparkly things.
- Anything reflective where he can go to meet his (grey and white, feathered) flock members.
- How his mommy always looks so grateful and besotted every time she uncovers his avian casa each morning to wake him up.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Finding the energy to write this blog and share her flock’s adventures (as her thyroid slowly heals she is getting a bit more of her mojo back!).
- The peace of the first month of a whole new year….the holidays are in the rearview mirror and it is time for rest and also the invigoration of new adventures!
- “Waffles & More” – this recipe book project was delayed by more than a year thanks to Hurricane Harvey, but you can’t keep a hungry avian (and his devoted flock members) down!
Shannon & Pearl