When you are lucky enough to be born with feathers, you already know you are perfect just the way you are.
For this reason, it can take some time to catch on that the other (mostly featherless) beings around you don’t always feel this way about themselves.
Luckily, this is something you can help them with. Just by sitting nearby and feeling grateful for being who you are, you can help your large featherless flock mates start learning to feel grateful for being who they are.
If need be, you can even molt out a feather or two and let them borrow these – just for extra moral support.
This way, slowly but surely, day by day, they can learn what it feels like to be you – grateful and happy for each day you spend in your own good company.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- Being able to lend his large featherless assistant some feathers here and there when she needs to feel better about herself.
- Living in a flock where everyone loves and adores him.
- Having his own personal large reflective thing with crunchy keys (when his assistant isn’t hogging it, that is).
Shannon is grateful for...
- How, every year, she may get older on the outside but she feels younger on the inside.
- Having best friends from several different species.
- Being able to learn from Pearl, Malti & Bruce every day.
Shannon & Pearl