Gratitude has many faces. Some of the most recognizable have feathers, of course, but gratitude can at times rock a far subtler look as well.
For example, let’s say you work from home and you and your feathers share the casa’s workspace.
On your side of the shared workspace is the (also shared) large reflective rectangular device with the crispy keys and its various and sundry external attendants.
On your parrot’s side of the shared workspace is, well, everything else. To keep certain routine deposits from adhering to the workspace surface (to be scrubbed away later only with great effort), that side of the workspace is covered with a thick layer of soft paper towels.
While paper towels aren’t known for their flashy appearance, every time you look at them lying there, gratitude spontaneously arises.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- The wonderful “shreddability” (a technical term) of paper towels.
- His talent for creating a posh and cozy nest anytime, anywhere.
- The large rectangular thing with the crispy keys – so reflective for checking that every feather is in place!
Shannon is grateful for...
- Paper towels. No idea what this little flock would do without them!
- Sharing a workspace each day with the cutest officemate in the world!
- The many faces of gratitude.
Shannon & Pearl
Love this blog post & want more of Pearl?
Now you can go behind the scenes of Love & Feathers!
Find out how Shannon met her soul bird, Pearl.
Learn about their early years before the shells!
See photos & read stories you won’t find anywhere else!