Follow Pearl, Malti & Bruce
Gratitude can make even the suckiest days so much better.
For instance, let’s say you are molting and you feel just awful. And then something startles you and you try to take flight, forgetting that you can’t grow flight feathers on your left wing and anyway, half your feathers decided to secede from the union that very morning.
So of course you have to orchestrate an emergency landing and end up on the ground. You start feeling even worse, but then your mommy comes rushing in. She has gotten wind of the crash landing (on account of all the flapping and shrieking) and just dropped everything to run to you.
She extends a hand and you gratefully climb on. After multiple (perhaps hundreds or even thousands) of belly and head kisses and even more twittered reassurance, you climb down and situate yourself in the safest place imaginable – on her hip.
You might not know the “people” word for what you are feeling, but you sure know the feeling itself. It is love.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- Every feather that has decided to remain on his body today.
- His mommy’s hip, which features a gentle curve that is just perfect for perching!
- Having such handy claws and sharp beak to make getting around that much easier.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Pearl’s trust in her – it is an honor and rare gift to share life with her precious soul bird!
- Floors, ceilings, walls – everything that keeps her avian IN and SAFE.
- How she and Pearl are able to communicate about what matters most – love – in their own private language.
Shannon & Pearl
Love this blog post & want more of Pearl?
SPECIAL SALE: $9.95 + FREE domestic shipping!!
Now you can go behind the scenes of Love & Feathers!
Find out how Shannon met her soul bird, Pearl.
Learn about their early years before the shells!
See photos & read stories you won’t find anywhere else!