It isn’t always easy to spot gratitude, which likes to sneak up on beings and surprise them from out of nowhere!
If gratitude did have feathers, it would likely be an owl, gliding in silently without even a shadow or a whispered heads-up.
But that is also what makes gratitude so wonderful, because you can’t see it coming. You are just going along, maybe having a good day, or an okay day, or a not-so-okay day. And then, all of a sudden, GRATITUDE!
It is easy to see how this would work – for example, let’s say there is a pancake. It is gluten-free but still quite tasty since your personal Small Chef made it. But it is still missing….something….that extra special secret ingredient that would make it truly delicious.
All of a sudden, you notice that the portion of pancake you haven’t sampled yet is covered in – wait for it – your all-time favorite topping of “plastic bag.”
GRATITUDE. It really can be that easy!
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- His personal Small Chef, who is continually whipping up new delicacies to appeal to his sensitive gourmet palate.
- How his mommy always lets him try the new delicacies first (in the rare case she forgets, he can just use “cuteness” to remind her to step aside….)
- Plastic bag – such a delicious accent for any dish!
Shannon is grateful for...
- Her mom, who can not only cook, but cook so well it almost cancels out her need to try to cook entirely!
- Pearl, who makes her laugh and smile as she tries daily to adapt to a gluten-free eating plan.
- Her flock’s wonderful shells, Bruce and Malti, who fill her with wonder every single day.
Shannon & Pearl
Love this blog post & want more of Pearl?
Now you can go behind the scenes of Love & Feathers!
Find out how Shannon met her soul bird, Pearl.
Learn about their early years before the shells!
See photos & read stories you won’t find anywhere else!