During some seasons each year, many beings feel pressured to feel grateful. Like, it’s “Thanks-giving.” Ummm…..yup.
But gratitude isn’t like that. It doesn’t show up on command. You can’t just belly up to the bar and say, “I’d like the gratitude on tap.”
Feeling gratitude can sometimes actually take more work and more effort when the days get shorter, the nights get colder, the temperatures drop and so do many people’s bank account balances.
But it is still there. Gratitude is always there, quiet, patient, peaceful, humble….it just takes a keen pair of eyes to spot it and a willing heart to give it a hug of, well, gratitude.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- How his personal Small Chef always seems to know just how he likes his delicacies served (in “plastic bag,” of course) when she packages them for him “to go.”
- Being part of a flock who loves feathers so much.
- How his shelled flock mates mostly sleep during this time of year so he has his large featherless assistant all to himself again.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Her folks for loving Pearl, Malti and Bruce like the small feathered and shelled family members that they are!
- Our flock’s extended flock family – YOU!
- Everyone in the world who cares for feathered and shelled and furred and finned (and all) beings with love and kindness.
Shannon & Pearl
Love this blog post & want more of Pearl?
Now you can go behind the scenes of Love & Feathers!
Find out how Shannon met her soul bird, Pearl.
Learn about their early years before the shells!
See photos & read stories you won’t find anywhere else!