Every day offers another chance to feel grateful. Thank goodness!
Like all of us, gratitude really loves to be remembered. It likes this so much it often plays spontaneous games of “hide n seek,” where it hides itself behind lots of issues and burdens and waits for us to find it.
When we do find gratitude in its hiding spot, it gets so excited – sort of like what happens when you take a waffle out of the freezer and a certain being with feathers spots it.
It is just the best feeling ever! You are reunited again, and you are both so happy, and life just feels SO much better.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- All his many talents – acting, “black ops,” eating waffles, looking so cute and feathery….there are too many to list them all here, of course. But they know who they are.
- Delicious Grandma’s waffles and his Personal Small Chef who makes them for him.
- His VIP fans who come to all his sold-out shows and ask him to beak-o-graph his feathery biography and celebrate the presence of feathers here in this world.
- Restful naps (it’s the best thing after you’ve just enjoyed a huge toasted waffle).
Shannon is grateful for...
- The pure joy and excitement of her avian whenever he spies a waffle!
- Gratitude – it really is the best feeling ever.
- Waffles….on the rare occasion she actually gets to eat one.
- The miracle of being able to share her life with other species on a close, daily basis – what a rare gift!
Shannon & Pearl