The feeling of gratitude is not unlike the feeling of discovering you have a secret admirer.
You may not know their precise identity, but you know they think you are the smartest, prettiest, kindest, most wonderful being on the planet.
And just knowing there is someone out there in this world who sees you in this way is enough to send a warm glow of happiness all through you!
Feeling grateful for something – especially when it is spontaneous – can feel so similar! There you were, just going about your hum-drum day, when suddenly – a double rainbow appears! Or you see a shooting star! Or you look down and the (very pretty) feathery someone on your knee stares up at you with so much love….
So beautiful. So divine. So heart-filling.
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- Blow dries (especially when it is “parrot shower day.”)
- Living in a tropical climate which doesn’t get too cold in winter.
- His birdie warmer, which is so cozy and comfy to sit next to.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Nature’s many wonders, including the beach, which is very much missed during this time of year!
- Being able to provide a safe, secure space for Bruce to hibernate.
- Inventions like birdie warmers, which keep small feathered beings cozy-warm all during the cooler season!
Shannon & Pearl