Sometimes gratitude can be easy to find but hard to feel.
For example, maybe you are having a rough day. You look around you and see so many things you could – should – be grateful for.
But your mood is so low! You feel so awful! You are really sad – or mad – or just worn out. You don’t believe you even have the energy to feel grateful.
Of course, it won’t help to beat yourself up because you are exhausted or going through some tough times and can’t just shift gears and start feeling all happy-grateful right away. These sorts of days happen to every being sometimes!
So what you need in the meantime is a “gratitude delegate.” Your gratitude delegate will be in charge of finding and feeling all the gratitude for you until you feel better.
(Here, it is highly recommended to pick a “gratitude delegate” with feathers, since they will also look very cute while they find and feel all the gratitude on your behalf and this will lift your mood even faster.)
As part of our New Year’s intentions, Pearl and his mommy have decided to share a weekly “gratefuls” list here each Tuesday.
Please join us if you like! 🙂
Pearl is grateful for....
- Being so loved and cared for.
- How his mommy always makes sure that he has his meal or snack before she eats anything herself.
- His bestie, the bathroom clock, who goes everywhere with him.
Shannon is grateful for...
- Finding her soul bird.
- How Pearl always helps and inspires her to keep her chin up during life’s rougher moments and makes the happy moments even happier.
- Self-forgiveness – it is the hardest type of forgiveness (or at least it often feels that way) but it really does heal!
Shannon & Pearl